Wednesday, February 23, 2011

a sweaty, sweaty mess

Every day after I work out I look in the mirror and see a big sweaty mess!  I wish that I could still look cute after a work out, but it never happens.  The only solace is that when I look that "tore up from the floor up" I feel so good about myself.  I know that I have accomplished what I set out to do, and that is get my tail in shape!  I look around (mainly on t.v. because I'm a t.v. junkie) and see some of the most in-shape women.  And I automatically always, without fail, say to myself, "Becca, you could look as good as some of these women if you did it right".  If I would only do it right!

Definition of do it right- To loose weight and look like the dang women we want to look like there is a science to it.  But what is awesome is, it's not rocket science.  It's easy science... like 1st grade science.  The science is, you must burn more calories than you put into your body AND you must build lean muscle.  There are no crazy diets I can go on, there are no trick pills I can take, there is no "new awesome workout" I can do... I just have to workout HARD regularly and eat correctly.  There are many different opinions on what "eating correctly" means, and you will find out what my opinion is later.  But the bottom line is loosing weight and transforming my body is not complicated... but it is hard.  It is so dang hard to work out almost every day AND to work out to the intensity that it takes to truly change my body.  It is so dang hard to not eat the amazing chocholate cake that my good friend Cindy leaves in the teacher lounge almost weekly.  It is so hard to not eat my body weight in chips and salsa at any Mexican restaurant.  It is so hard to not drink like 4 diet mountain dews a day. 

Discipline of any kind is hard. 

But I want to be a woman of discipline.  I want to look back on my life and know that I was not lazy... that I WAS the person I dreamed of being.  Being the person I want to be and looking the way I want to look is not impossible.  It is totally possible.  But, yes, it will take discipline and modivation.  Luckily I do not do anything in this lifetime alone.  I purposely surround myself with positive, uplifting people who want the same things in life that I want.  I work out a TON by myself, but on top of that I have a running buddy, Carline.  We run about 3 days a week on top of my own workouts.  I also walk occasionally with my cake making friend Cindy.  She's so funny... she makes the cakes that tempt us all, but she doesn't eat any of it.  Frustrating!  Also, I have Jesus, my Savior who gives me strength to do things that I could not do in my own power.  My relationship with Jesus pushes me to be a better person in ALL areas of my life, including health and fitness.  My body is His temple.  I want my temple to be a place where Jesus' spirit would want to be and be proud of. 

If you are feeling down and discouraged and feel like you want to find your discipline and modivation, you have come to the right place!  I and the Lord want to modivate you!!  I hope you take control of your life and make it what you have always dreamed.

I will be posting photos soon.  First I will show you pictures of me at my heaviest.  I have lost about 25 lbs in the past 4 years.  And yes, I did it the right way.  Then I will post pictures of me now.  I am also going to keep you updated with my daily progress.  I have such a long way to go to have the body I have always wanted.  And let me tell you, the smaller you get, the harder it is to loose weight and shape up.  I have to work out 5 X's harder now than I did when I lost my first 25 pounds.  I will show you pictures when I see more results.  If you are on this fitness journey as well, PLEASE let me know!  I want to encourage and modivate you, but YOU will modivate me as well! 

Talk to y'all later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment