Saturday, February 26, 2011

thank God there is an after

As promised I wanted to show you some before and after photos of me.

I was a chubby little girl, but from the time I was in 7th grade I was always really small. At times I got a little too small, but that is a whole other blog I need to write. That was when I was loosing weight the wrong way.

Anyway.... I was pretty small up until my senior year in college. From then until about 2 years after college I had put on about 40 pounds. The year was 2007 and I was about 175 pounds. Here are the humiliating photos to prove it!


Holy chubby face.

 
It is never a good idea for a chunky girl to wear a choker type necklace.

I almost didn't post this one it is so humiliating.
Large and in charge.

 
Frosted eye make-up

Choker again.


This was my 26th birthday.  I was so huge! and yes, that is a piece of chocolate cake the size of my face...... very fitting

Thank God there is an AFTER!!!!!

Here are a few pictures of me now!!!!

This was me ready for work yesterday.  Friday's are jean day at school.

before I cut my bangs 2 weeks ago

after Taylor cut my hair 2 weeks ago

So I went from 175 pounds to 147.  When I was getting ready for my wedding, I got down to 143, but not now.  I have way more to go!  I have a goal weight and I'll share with you my current journey later.

I truly hope that seeing these pictures of me will give you a little bit of motivation.  There was no quick fix.  I have worked out really hard for the past 5 years and eaten pretty good.  But listen...... I have not done a good job the whole time!  NOT EVEN!  Just yesterday at my school the PTO gave us a catered lunch.  It was from a local Mexican restaurant.  You better believe that I ate some cheese enchiladas, tortillas, beans, and rice... AND sweet tea!  There was a day when after a meal like that, I was DONE!  I would feel like I had just ruined my entire weight loss hopes and would quit!  That is ridiculous!!!  A few terrible meals does not make you automatically gain weight!  I have to keep going.  After eating all of that yesterday I ran 2 miles with Carline and then went and did a 45 minute walk with another teacher friend Lisa.  I can guarantee I didn't burn off all of those calories..... but OH WELL!!!!  There is always tomorrow! 

I tell you all of that to say, loosing weight is a long process.  You DO have to be pretty consistent, but 1 or 2 really bad meals in your week are not going to ruin EVERYTHING!  Just really try to make up for it the next day!

Hope you love the embarrassing "fat girl" pics of me!!! 

Talk to y'all soon!!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Becca, you are SO awesome! I have always looked up to you and still do :) I was looking at my facebook and you came across my newsfeed. I saw that you have this blog, so I clicked it. I think it is awesome that you are learning more about training and eating right. I would love to learn more. I feel like when I accomplish goals in life I feel this certain type of fulfillment. Keep going girl! You can do anything you put your mind too. Keep setting goals and you will accomplish them. My theme verse throughout my training and daily life is "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!" By the way your pictures were not horrible! You ALWAYS look beautiful! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca! What an amazingly encouraging and inspiring blog you have! I'm definitely going to follow! I got up to 200lb at the end of my pregnancy and have less than 8 lb to go to hit the 120's again. I've never really known how to eat healthy and so look forward to gaining some knowledge and good tips from you:)

    Meg Henry

    PS I thought you were beautiful before you lost weight, but you look phenomenal!!!

    ReplyDelete