Tuesday, March 1, 2011

counting calories?? say what??

I know that there are a LOT of people out there who are loosing weight, getting into amazing shape, and building amazing muscles... and you may have never "counted a calorie" in your life. 

Listen, I get it.  I know that for some people counting calories seems so monotonous and lame.  And I know that there are a lot of books, personal trainers, and nutritionists who don't want people counting calories.  But here is my deal.... if I don't count my calories and know what I'm eating every day I WILL over-eat!!!!  GUARANTEED!

Counting my calories gives me a sense of control in this thang.  After a while it does get easier and I have a bunch of stuff memorized and I just "know" what to eat in a day.... but let me tell you what.... when I stop really monitoring what I'm eating it never fails I start tricking myself into eating CRAZY stuff!  It's like I get temporary amnesia and don't realize that an entire bag of chips is like 700 calories! or more!!!!  When I'm not really tracking myself it's as if I subconsciously go into the mindset of "what I don't know can't possibly make me gain weight".  Like, when I'm not tracking my food I will eat Bunny Tracks Ice Cream and purposefully not look at the calories because I don't want to know!!!!!

So, if you can eat healthy and loose weight without counting your calories or points, hats off to ya playa!  I can't.  :)

In the next few days I'm going to explain a little bit about what I've read are the best foods to eat and in what combos.  :) it will be a simple version of it!

Have a great Tuesday!
Don't eat like a fattie today!!  :)
(that was to myself)

xoxo

this is my fine man.  just sayin

No comments:

Post a Comment