Friday, March 18, 2011

why I believe in Jesus Christ

there are so many people out there who may end up reading my blog.  With that in mind, I can't go one more day without sharing my faith.   There are a lot of  "people of faith"  out there.      But what does that even mean???      I know for a fact that what I believe is not always the same as another who says that they are a Christian or someone of faith.  This blog is NOT to try to start an argument or push my beliefs on someone.... but the truth is, I do want every single person in the world to believe in Jesus Christ.  I believe he is the ONLY way, the ONLY truth, and the ONLY life.  There are many of you out there who want to stop reading my blog right now, please don't.  I ONLY want to share with you what I believe and why I believe it.  I mean hey, give me some credit.  A lot of people out there are so quick to just tell you what they believe but when you ask them why, they have NO good response.  So at least I am giving you an educated answer for why I believe in Jesus.  Just read it with an open mind and realize that I am NOT trying to force anyone to believe just like me.  But if you read this and you say to yourself at the end of it,  "you know what, that actually makes a lot of dang sense"  PLEASE just open your heart and just ask yourself if you might want to believe it too.  After YEARS of study, I HONESTLY with all of my being believe in Jesus Christ and that He is the only way to salvation.  I HONESTLY believe in a Heaven and Hell.  Please just read it and know that I am only sharing this because a part of having faith in Jesus Christ is telling others and giving them the chance to hear what I believe is the truth and the chance to just see if they want to believe in and trust Jesus as their personal savior too.

So here we go.
This is WHY after years and years of my OWN personal study I believe in Jesus Christ as my personal Savior.

FIRST,  in order to believe in Jesus, I have to believe that the Bible is the actual Word of God.  I believe that the Bible was an inspired work, inspired by God, and that all the original writers of it were inspired by God and therefore the Bible is 100% true. 

Why do I believe this?

1.  It's coherence
-It was written in a spans of time of 1,900 years
-It has HUNDREDS of authors!!!
HERE IS THE KICKER.... with HUNDREDS of people writing it over 1,900 years, IT ALL GOES TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all of those people writing it over that long of a time (and these people didn't get together and discuss together what they were going to write to make sure it all went together and didn't negate each other.  They just HEARD from GOD and wrote what God inspired them to write.......  and NONE of it negates itself.)

The Bible is amazing.

If anyone ever reads it and understands it and STUDIES it, you would be SHOCKED at how MIRACULOUS it is. 
Here is just one example of it's amazingness and why I believe in the Bible.

There are so many times in the Old Testament that people prophesied (basically say what is going to happen before it does) about something that was going to happen... specifically about the birth of Jesus.... and IT ALWAYS HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!
Prophesies in the Bible actually came true!
and the messages and lessons taught in the Bible all go together.
It is truly amazing.

2. Because I truly do believe in the Bible, I believe what it says about the LIFE and DEATH and RESURRECTION of Jesus Christ.

I know that believing in all of this is a HUGE pill to swallow, but when I think about NOT believing in it, that is even harder to swallow.  I mean, there HAS to be a God y'all!!!!  COME ON!!!!  

Just look around you!  Do you REALLY think that ALL of this beauty that you see just HAPPENED??  Do you really think that our amazingly intricuite human bodies just came about by accident????  COME ON!!!  We were created!  

Here is one reason I truly do believe Jesus came to this earth and died and rose again.
The Bible is a history book folks!!!!!!
These events ACTUALLY happened!
There is NOTHING out there that can disprove that these events are actual historical recorded events.
Even in the recent years, historians have found the Dead Sea Scrolls and they have proven EVEN MORE of the legitimacy of the Bible.

So since I believe in the Bible, I believe that Jesus truly did teach when he was on the earth that He is the SON OF GOD.  He actually taught that, and I believe it. 

How do I believe that?

Jesus was the ONLY person in the history of the world to be killed and to be put in a tomb and he actually rose again from the dead!!!!!

I know this is hard to believe y'all because we weren't there, but people saw him!  It is recorded!!!
Countless people saw and TOUCHED him after he rose from the dead.  And then he didn't just die again, people literally saw him leave this earth (alive) and fly up to heaven!!!!! 
I know this sounds like a tall tale, but it is not. 

Becasue I believe all of this about Jesus, I believe EVERY SINGLE THING he said while on this earth.  Most of what Jesus taught is written in the New Testament.

The main things that are important to believe that he taught are.

1.  There is a heaven a a hell.

2.  WE are ALL sinners in need of a savior to save us from hell.

3.  Because we cannot be "good enough" to save ourselves from hell, God MADE A WAY for ALL of us to be saved.... and it is through His son Jesus.  Jesus died for our sins so we would not have to die ETERNALLY in hell.  He made a way for us to be SAVED!

4.  ANYONE can be saved.

5.  All you have to do to be saved is to Confess to God that you believe that Jesus is Lord and that Jesus is the ONLY way to salvation.... you cannot work hard enough or be good enough.  You must confess you need the way made by Jesus' death.  AND you must ask God to forgive you of your sins. 
THEN
you need to start reading the Bible and start living according to what Jesus taught while he was here on the earth.
AND LET ME TELL YOU WHAT.... living according to what Jesus taught is so beautiful!  He was the kindest, most gentle, humble, loving, giving, man EVER!!! I PROMISE you living according to what Jesus taught will ONLY make you a better person.

Some of you reading this may say,
"whatever Becca, I know some Christians and they SUCK.  They are not some of the kindest, gentlest, yata yata people I know.  They are arrogant, mean, stingy, yata yata..."

YOU ARE RIGHT!
Just becasue someone claims they are a Christian does not mean that they are actually living like one.  The Bible actually tells us that there will be a lot of people on the day of judgement that will be SHOCKED that they were never even Christians at all.  They thought they were, but they never gave thier lives over to the Lord and lived the way he instructed.

Ok... so that is it.
The gist on why I believe in Jesus.

If you have questions, I beg of you to just do some research for yourself.  Try to prove it wrong with honest research.   I get so tired of people just saying they don't believe in God or Jesus but have done NOTHING to actually research it for themsevles.  What is crazy is that there is a whole list of people who did CRAZY research trying to disprove Christianity and at the end of it they themselves became believers.  If you want to know about thier research they are people like:
Josh McDowell "The New Evidence that Demands a Verdict"
and
Lee Strobel "The Case for Faith"

I have lived most of my life studying and beleiving in Jesus Christ. 
I truly believe in Him.
He has given me peace through some of the hardest times in my life.
He has provided for me when there was no way of provision.
He has given me wisdom to live a wonderful life.
He is good.
He is my God.

Even if you do not believe all of this, I encourage you to still keep reading my blog. 
We don't have to be exactly the same for you to find encouragement in what I write!!

Have an awesome Friday!!!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. lovely. God is gooooood!!!!!

    I saw toneitup tweet back to you and came to your blog :)
    I love how you said that even though it was written over a long span of time that it all came together..
    SERIOUSLY! haha. He is pretty amazing like that:)

    Cute blog and cute house!!

    Oh yeah! my name is Rebekah (Bekah) haha! I also have a friend named Becca too! too funny!

    Take care :)!!!

    ReplyDelete